Education is at the heart of ellenor’s mission to promote and provide hospice care of the highest standards to all those in need. We believe that everyone approaching the end of life has the right to the highest quality care and support, wherever they live, regardless of their condition.
We rely on a well-trained workforce who share our vision of delivering high quality End of Life care to our community. Our commitment is to share our expertise to develop staff and services through teaching. We have a strong record of involvement with training programs internally, locally, nationally, and internationally.
Locally, ellenor provides Education Programmes for all service providers with an aim to share our knowledge and experience with delivering effective End of Life care. As such, we are the first hospice in Kent to provide accredited End of Life care courses, through our partnership with St Christopher’s and Croydon College.
We are part of a local facilitators collaborative partnering with:-
- Heart of Kent hospice
- Pilgrims hospice
- Kent Community Foundation Trust
The main function of this group is to deliver virtual training for End of Life care.
Regionally, we also work closely with the Kent Surrey and Sussex education collaborative.
Nationally, we have worked in partnership with ‘e-Learning for Healthcare’ to develop e-learning modules of teaching on the ‘End of Life Care for All’ (e-ELCA). We have taken an active role in various research projects and review of work processes presenting posters and outcomes at conferences including:
- Implementation of the Carers Support Needs Assessment Tool (CSNAT©)
- Improving techniques for breathlessness due to lung cancer
- Identifying palliative prognostic indicators (PPI)
- Establishing an Advanced Care Plan Tool for children at the end of life
- Developed and initiated free virtual training sessions for End of Life care to other services during Covid 19 pandemic.
- Collaborative working with other end of life providers to form the Kent & Medway zoom training programme.
- Developed and delivered a Care Volunteer Programme.